(From Cheeburger Cheeburger)
Bacon cheeseburgers. Because really, it’s not really a burger with out cheese and bacon…amirite? Yes I am reading a book about healthy detoxing, and why our bodies aren’t meant to break down large quantities of meat or consume the milk of a cow as an adult. I get it. But. I. Can’t. Stop. Eating. What is it about a juicy hunk of meat covered in cheese and bacon and pickles and mushrooms that make me throw all my new disturbing knowledge to the wind?
The world may never know.
In the past 4 months I’ve been to about 5 different burger places (maybe more, some multiple times).
(From BGR Joint)
(From In & OUT)(From Umami)
You know what I just realized? I don’t make burgers at home. Yeah, they are on the grill when we have cookouts, but I don’t really eat them at home. I’ve never tried to gather up the fixin’s and made my own burger. HM. I think I prefer to go to burger joints. Have you ever seen the episode of HIMYM when Marshal was looking for the burger place, and would not let Robin eat a burger unless it was THE BURGER? Yes I am still searching for that burger. But these do the job, for now.
- Cheeburger Cheeburger: Love the angus beef, not too fond of the bun, like the zesty seasoning, and the sweet potato fries. Like drinking out of a jar, and all you can imagine toppings included, (bacon and sauteed mushrooms extra)
- Five Guys: Gets the job done when I really want a burger. Bun gets soggy, cajun fries are awesome, but nothing to write home about.
- BGR Joint: Love the bun. Love the sauce. Thick bacon, all around good choice. Super messy, the way I like it.
- In & Out Burger: super messy. NO BACON?!?! ‘nuf said.
- Umami: Not your traditional burger joint but amazing tastes all around…too bad its on the west coast only 🙁
Know of anymore DC/Northern VA burger places I need to sink my teeth into? Please let me know.