Ugh. I know. Miemo, ANOTHER planner? How many planners does one woman need, as my cousin Cece would say. Well at one point I had 3. Erin Condren for my life, Poppin for my blogs, and freelance clients, and a Sugar Paper LA one for my office and work tasks. As I get bigger and more off balance, I’ve decided that I need just ONE planner to put everything in (except work/office, that stays there).
After making a list of what I want I want to schedule in this planner, and what I want it to do, I then made a list of places that sells them. I knew for sure that I wanted something that I could reuse from years to come, and not have to order one every year. I wanted ample note pages and pockets and customize able.
After scouring blogs, watching youtube reviews, and pinterest, I finally decided. I bit the bullet and went with the one recommended by Michelle from Hey Love Designs. I got the Kikki Large Personal Planner.
- Big enough for me to fold papers and stick in there until I can deal with them
- Has a clasp
- Soft leather, looks so cute, love the colors
- Refillable, just buy a new set of weekly calendar every year or use perpetual that comes with it (I prefer predated pages)
- Compatible with filofax A5 stuff so I’m not limited to Kikki K stuff
- Tabs to organize all the things I need to manage, social, personal, projects, blogs etc.
- Week starts on a Monday, and the weekend days are kept together at the end
- Being a hole punched system it’s easy for me to move sheets and notes around
- Big. I carry a big purse but I can see how this could be an issue when I don’t
- The preprinted calendars are based on the Australian calendar, so I have to write in American holidays
- Paper is thinner than I’d like
- No notes section for weekly tasks at each week for the planner section (I just added lined post its)
- There’s no monthly outlook prior to the weekly pages starting. They are in the beginning, but I feel I could probably find a refill that’s more my style
…also, yes I know its in the middle of the year, but guess what, their planners start in JUNE so just in time for me!